The story goes that a delightful young lady entered a bar in Soho, London in the '80s and asked for a drink that “wakes me up and then [insert expletive here] me up”. That's when cocktail legend, Dick Bradsell created the Espresso Martini.
Obviously, in true Cranes style, we had to put our own twist on the classic so here's our recipe including our divine cranberry & blood orange liqueur;
- 45ml Cranes Liqueur
- 30ml Espresso Coffee
- 15ml Coffee Liqueur
- Coffee beans to garnish
1. Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill
2. Pour 45ml Cranes liqueur, 15ml Espresso liqueur and a 30ml shot of espresso coffee into a cocktail shaker. Fill the rest of the shaker with ice
3. Shake until cold, approx 20 seconds.
4. Empty the martini glass of ice.
5. Using a cocktail strainer, strain the liquid into a martini glass.
6. To finish, garnish with three coffee beans.